The Girdwood Health Clinic provides FREE patient assistance. Please call the clinic at 907-783-1355 if you wish to speak with our Eligibility Specialist.
Sometimes we have only brief contact and make just a few phone calls to help someone. In other situations, we take the client into our caseload and make regular phone calls.
Here are some things we can help with:
- Explain State, Federal, and other programs which include Marketplace Health Insurance, Medicare, Social Security, Medicaid, and Senior Benefits
- Assist patients with paperwork for all the above-listed programs.
- Determine if patients are eligible for the sliding fee discount.
- Assist with transportation options for patients to get to the Clinic for appointments.
- Inform patients of the availability of payment plans.
- Connect patients with resources such as food banks, legal assistance, and care coordination.
- Help obtain handicap parking stickers.
- Answer questions about telehealth and assist as needed
Here are some examples of the agencies we coordinate with: Senior Centers, Alzheimer’s Association, Foodbanks, Assistive Technology of Alaska, Alaska Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired, and Muscular Dystrophy Association, etc.
We can help with some questions regarding the allocation of finances to receive the best medical coverage possible for each patient (Medicaid and Social Security). We refer clients to Alaska Legal Services Corporation for help with wills, and legal aid.