Job purpose: To provide direct clinical support to medical providers, clinic staff and clients of the clinic.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepares patients for the health care visit by directing and/or accompanying them to the examining room; providing examination gowns and drapes; helping them to position themselves for the examination and/or treatment; arranging examining room instruments, supplies, and equipment.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient; reviewing and/or recording medical history; assessing vital signs; confirming purpose of visit or treatment.
- Supports patient care delivery by helping health care providers during examinations; preparing laboratory specimens; performing basic laboratory tests on the premises; disposing of contaminated supplies; sterilizing medical instruments; administering medications on the premises; telephoning prescriptions to pharmacies; drawing blood; and removing sutures; changing dressings, if directed by provider
- Educates patients by providing medication and diet information and instructions; answering questions.
- Utilizes EMR program for all patient documentation, intake, orders, lab tests and patient follow-up
- Keeps exam room and lab supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Maintaining well supplied exam rooms; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping patient care information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
- Enhances health care practice reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Has training and knowledge of PPE and HIPPA
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: High school graduate or equivalent. Graduation from a medical assistant training program with national certification. Previous family practice experience preferred. Available to work 10:00-6:00 Tuesday-Friday with every other Saturday rotation
Applicants should send a letter of interest and resume’ (which includes three professional references) to Jennifer Swift at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jill Veatch at email@example.com by mail to: PO Box 1130, Girdwood, AK 99587.