SUMMARY OF POSITION: Works under the direction of a qualified nurse and/or licensed mid-level providers. Provides direct support to medical provider, clinic staff and clients of the clinic. Participates in providing patient care under the guidelines of training.
• Does patient intake (weight, height, vital signs)
• Prepares treatment rooms for cleanliness and stock
• Cleans and sterilizes instruments
• Operates x-ray (on the job training provided), completion of the radiographer course within one year of employment
• Operates electrocardiograph (EKG) and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic testing
• Gives injections, draws blood and performs routine laboratory tests (on the job training provided)
• Maintains inventory and orders supplies as needed.
• Maintains databases on Excel and Athena
• Ability to assist with all medical emergencies
• Works fluctuating hours including weekend and holiday hours
• Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: Graduation from an accredited medical assistant program preferred. Will consider candidates with strong work experience as a medical assistant. Strong computer background required. Current BLS required.
This is a full-time position eligible for accrued Paid Time Off (PTO), health insurance benefits and flexible hours. Employees are expected to be available to work during clinic hours which are Tuesday-Saturday 10:00-6:00. Rotating weekend availability is required.
HIRING RANGE: $18-$22/hour DOE.
Interested applicants should send a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to:
Girdwood Health Clinic
Attn: Tawny Buck
PO Box 1130
Girdwood, AK 99587
Or electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to send all requested materials, as incomplete applications will not be considered.