We are currently seeking applicants for the following positions:
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
The Director of Operations is a senior role with overall responsibility for the efficiency and effectiveness of health care delivery including scheduling, coordination, logistics, staffing patterns, supervision, training and process development improvement. The Director of Operations fosters a collaborative environment that focuses on continuous improvement of office processes. The Director of Operations is noted as the Privacy Officer and will be responsible for risk management compliance. This position directly supports projects assigned by the Executive Director (ED). Projects requested by the Clinic’s Medical Director are noted as well. The Director of Operations is a self-starter and consistently works towards a collaborative team environment in the completion of the duties assigned and direct reports.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a health or business-related field of study or higher education combined with equivalent work experience
• Experience: Three years of management level experience, at least one year of HR experience or equivalent training. Previous experience in a primary care clinic, specialty medical group, hospital or clinic is preferred.
• Specialized skills: Preference given for experience in working with Community Health Centers (CHC) and Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) environments. Preference given to computer and technology experience.
Duties and responsibilities
• Oversees the effective and efficient flow of the office and facilities management to include the use of optimal resources and
• Works with the Executive Director, Director of Administration and the Medical Director to ensure security and accuracy of all paper files, retention and disposal as required by federal and State of Alaska regulations.
• Works with the staff to develop, assess and revise operational policies and procedures.
• Assists the office staff with patient concerns and demographics.
• Works with the primary care and behavioral health providers to maintain smooth patient flow. Will assist with the implementation of an integrative care model.
• Works with the Medical Director to oversee the clinical ordering process.
• Manages the working relationship between the Front Desk staff, clinical support staff and professional staff.
• Assists with the preparation of data collection for reporting areas and performance measures to HRSA as well as other funders.
• Oversees risk management for the Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement Committee.
• Prepares monthly updates for the Executive Director and the Board. Attends all monthly Board meetings.
• Serves as the HIPAA Security Officer.
• Works with the Executive Director in the management of the clinic website and social media.
• Maintains and recommends IT/IS infrastructure, endures the security of data storage and retrieval.
• Works with the Director of Administration on HR related issues.
• Oversees monthly staff work schedules and compliance.
This is a salaried position. General hours are 9-6 Monday-Friday but must be available to work most holidays as well as the occasional Saturday to provide vacation coverage or to attend trainings and/or special events. Some travel required.
LEAD RN/CASE MANAGER
• Possession of current Alaska RN license in good standing.
• Possession of current CPR certification.
• Minimum of 3 years of clinical experience in a Clinical or Hospital setting
• Knowledge of specific disease and lifestyle related topics such as smoking cessation, weight management, nutrition, pre-post-natal care, stress reduction and chronic conditions preferred.
The Case Manager participates as an integral member of the interdisciplinary care team at GHCI. Key roles are coordination of services for patients, focusing on those who face difficulty navigating the healthcare system. The RN Case Manager provides follow up for specialty referrals and supports patients in self-care management and identifies relevant community resources. The Case Manager makes efforts to and collaborates with outside service providers to provide seamless transitions of care and provide patient education while assisting with access to applicable resources. The RN Case Manager works within the context of a primary care medical home, from a team approach, and in continuous partnership with families and the health care team to promote timely access to needed care, comprehensive and continuity of care, and the enhancement of patient well-being from a trauma informed philosophy. Responsibilities will include general RN patient care, supervisory/oversight responsibility (vaccine program, POC labs, PMP reporting, MA competency), and case management.
Full job description available upon request. Hourly position, must be available to work when the Clinic is open which is Tuesday-Saturday as well as most holidays.
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
• Does patient intake (weight, height, vital signs)
• Prepares treatment rooms for cleanliness and stock
• Cleans and sterilizes instruments
• Operates x-ray (on the job training provided)
• Operates electrocardiograph (EKG) and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic testing
• Gives injections, draws blood and performs routine laboratory tests
• Maintains inventory and orders supplies as needed.
• Maintains databases on Excel and Athena
• Ability to assist with all medical emergencies
• Works fluctuating hours including weekend and holiday hours
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited medical assistant program and certification preferred. One year of experience preferred. Must have current CPR/BLS certificate. Applicants without formal training or certification must have documented training and experience in the duties listed above.
Hourly position with wage range of $18-$22 DOE. Must be available to work when the Clinic is open which is Tuesday-Saturday as well as most holidays.
All positions open until filled. To apply, send a letter of interest and resume’ that includes three professional references to Tawny Buck at email@example.com or drop off at the Clinic. If you have questions about either position send an email or call Tawny at 783-1355.