Updates on COVID 19 and changes to the Girdwood Health Clinic services and operations will be posted on this website. Please contact us with any questions or concerns at 907-783-1355 or through your Patient Portal and we will respond as soon as we can.
Alaska Travel Mandate–June 6, 2020
If you have specific questions regarding the State travel vouchers, please contact the State at the following link: https://covid19.alaska.gov/travelers/. We are simply a collection site. If you have a state travel voucher you can be tested at the clinic at no cost to you, however we are required by the State to bill your insurance. You will need to provide a physical copy of your travel voucher to staff in order to be tested. We do not rapid test for travel vouchers and the turnaround time on these tests has been as long as 10 days. We understand the many questions you may have about travel vouchers, but we are unable to provide clarification and ask that you direct your questions to the State.
All COVID-19 testing at Girdwood Health Clinic is dependent upon the availability of testing supplies. We offer COVID-19 testing through the State Public Health and commercial labs, in addition to rapid testing for eligible patients. Testing priority continues to be focused on symptomatic patients and individuals instructed to be tested by the State of Alaska.
Asymptomatic testing is variable and it can take over a week for results. These specimens are sent to commercial labs for processing due to their low priority. If you are looking for an alternative method of testing please consider a Covid-19 home collection kit. These may be an option to meet your need:
Girdwood Health Clinic Service Updates:
- Hours of Operation: Tuesday-Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (closed daily for 12:30 – 1:30 for lunch)
- Patient Visits: We are scheduling office-based visits for medical and behavioral health patients with additional COVID-19 screening. Medicare and most private insurance companies have temporarily expanded coverage of telemedicine services to respond to COVID-19. We will offer telemedicine visits on a case-by-case basis to reduce exposure risk and accommodate vulnerable patients.
- Prescription Renewals: Please contact your pharmacy to request a refill. You can also send a message through the Patient Portal. Please allow three clinic business days for prescription processing.
- Lab Draws: Call the clinic to schedule an appointment for bloodwork. Lab services are provided on Wednesday and Thursday mornings. We are not a lab, we only provide the service of lab draws for established patients.
Community Resources During COVID-19
Need assistance? Call the Girdwood Health Clinic Care Management Team for assistance today!
- Food Assistance
- Domestic Violence Resources
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Suicide Prevention Resources
Up-to-Date COVID-19 Information
- CDC COVID-19 web page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- State of Alaska COVID-19 web page: https://covid19.alaska.gov/
- Municipality of Anchorage COVID-19 web page: https://covid-response-moa-muniorg.hub.arcgis.com/