Updates on COVID 19 and changes to the Girdwood Health Clinic services and operations will be posted on this website. Please contact us with any questions or concerns at 907-783-1355 or through your Patient Portal and we will respond as soon as we can.
New Travel Mandate–June 6, 2020
Here is a link to information regarding the requirements: https://covid19.alaska.gov/travelers/. We want to help as much as possible. We do offer testing (based on our inventory) on a case-by-case basis . You will need an appointment to see a provider and it will be based on your medical visit. We can not accept referrals from providers outside our clinic. The turnaround time for test results is running between 5-7 days.
Despite advocating for a rapid test machine, the State chose not to gift us one as they have other clinics. We are hoping to purchase one, but right now they are very limited in availability and probably won’t be available until late summer.
Girdwood Health Clinic Service Updates:
- Hours of Operation: Tuesday-Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. (closed daily for 12:30 – 1:30 for lunch)
- Patient Visits: We are scheduling office-based visits for medical and behavioral health patients with additional COVID-19 screening. Medicare and most private insurance companies have temporarily expanded coverage of telemedicine services to respond to COVID-19. We will offer telemedicine visits on a case-by-case basis to reduce exposure risk and accommodate vulnerable patients.
- Prescription Renewals: Please contact your pharmacy to request a refill. You can also send a message through the Patient Portal. Please allow three clinic business days for prescription processing.
- Lab Draws: Call the clinic to schedule an appointment for bloodwork. Lab services are provided on Wednesday and Thursday mornings. We are not a lab, we only provide the service of lab draws for established patients.
Community Resources During COVID-19
Need assistance? Call the Girdwood Health Clinic Care Management Team for assistance today!
- Food Assistance
- Domestic Violence Resources
- Sexual Assault Resources
- Suicide Prevention Resources
Up-to-Date COVID-19 Information
- CDC COVID-19 web page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- State of Alaska COVID-19 web page: https://covid19.alaska.gov/
- Municipality of Anchorage COVID-19 web page: https://covid-response-moa-muniorg.hub.arcgis.com/