The RN functions as an essential member of the interdisciplinary care team at GHCI. In this role the RN provides supervision and oversight of ancillary personnel and clinic programs. The RN also employs sound nursing judgement in direct patient care. Patient care responsibilities are focused on coordination of services, transitions of care, follow up for specialty referrals, support in self-care management and identification of relevant community resources.
Hours: Full-time hours with rotating weekend responsibilities and some holidays
Salary range: $33-$40/hour DOE
Interested applicants should send a resume or CV and letter of interest to:
Clare Jackson, Clinical Director
Duties and Responsibilities:
Patient Care: case management, nurse clinic
Supervisory: clinic programs, oversight of medical assistants
Coordination of Care:
1. Coordinates with other medical facilities, i.e., specialists, hospitals, labor and delivery, emergency room to ensure continuity of care.
2. Manages follow up of specialty referrals, including clinically indicated services outside of the organization (e.g., social services such as housing and transportation assistance, vocational rehab, mental health specialty care, substance abuse treatment, home health and hospice care.)
3. Coordinates care as pertinent to patient needs
4. Communicates information from the healthcare team to patients as needed
1. Uses Motivational Interviewing concepts to discuss and identify self-management goals and develop care plans with high risk patients.
2. Tracks patient follow up and clinical outcomes. Documents in-person and telephone encounters in the registry and uses the system to identify and re-engage patients.
3. Follows up with high risk patients regarding missed appointments to identify barriers and plan.
4. Facilitates treatment plan changes for those patients who are not improving as expected in consultation with the medical provider for those who may need more intensive or more specialized health care.
5. Assists with accessing patient care items such a procuring durable medical equipment and/or medications when patient resources are limited.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates and motivates team huddles as needed.
2. Functions as member of an interdisciplinary health care team.
3. Collaborates with Clinical QA/QI Director to facilitate data collection and conduct improvement activities in specific populations.
–Possession of current Alaska RN license in good standing
–Possession of current CPR certification
–Minimum of three years clinical experience in a clinical or hospital setting
–Knowledge of specific disease and lifestyle related topics such as smoking cessation, weight management, nutrition, pre-post-natal care, stress reduction and chronic conditions preferred
–Proficient computer skills including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
–Previous experience with electronic medical records highly preferred