MEDICAL ASSISTANT(S)–Multiple positions available
Location: Girdwood Health Clinic
Wage: $17-24/hour DOE
FTE: Full or part-time
Benefits (only for full-time employees): Full time employees are eligible for medical, vision, dental insurance, paid time, off, long- and short-term disability insurance, life insurance, and 401K
SUMMARY OF POSITION: Works under the direction of a qualified nurse and/or licensed mid-level providers. Provides direct support to medical provider, clinic staff and clients of the clinic. Participates in providing patient care under the guidelines of training.
- Does patient intake (weight, height, vital signs)
- Prepares treatment rooms for cleanliness and stock
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments
- Operates x-ray (on the job training provided)
- Operates electrocardiograph (EKG) and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic testing
- Gives injections, draws blood, and performs routine laboratory tests
- Maintains inventory and orders supplies as needed.
- Maintains databases on Excel and Athena
- Ability to assist with all medical emergencies
- Works fluctuating hours including weekend and holiday hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Some basic medical skills preferred but not necessary
- Graduation from an accredited medical assistant program preferred.
- Current BLS/CPR required.
Interested applicants should submit an Employment Application (which can be accessed by clicking on the link) to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Girdwood Health Clinic
Attn: Clare Jackson
PO Box 1130
Girdwood, AK 99587